Applications Accepted By:
We are only accepting applications by email.
Position Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Assistant Executive Director
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled and skilled structural, plumbing, and electrical building maintenance work at Authority properties. Work involves repair and replacement of items such as windows, doors, gutters, cabinets, walls, ceilings, toilets, faucets, water lines, electrical outlets, and light fixtures. Also performs preventive maintenance tasks and grounds keeping tasks.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for:
Diagnose and correct routine maintenance needs in apartments and houses, including work order requests
- Unstop commodes, sewer lines and garbage disposals, repair and replace faucets, commodes, sinks, bath accessories, and water lines
- Replace circuit breakers, wiring, wall socket and switches, lights, and fans
- Replace appliances as needed and connect in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements
- Perform a wide variety of carpentry work such as, changing-out countertops, re-hanging and adjusting doors, replace screens, and repairing cabinets, as needed
- Repair and replace floors, tiles, ceilings, etc.
- Prepare vacant units for occupancy and perform maintenance tasks in accordance with established procedures
- Empty apartment of all trash and other items left by occupants
- Wash walls
- Clean floors by sweeping, stripping and mopping, waxing
- Wash cabinets inside and out
- Clean bathroom by disinfecting lavatory, tub, shower, toilet
- Clean range and refrigerator
- Clean windows
- Check light bulbs, replace as needed, and clean covers
- Check appliances to be sure that they work properly
- Check toilet to be sure it operates properly
- Make any necessary repairs throughout unit
- Install and repair plumbing pipes and fixtures, such as toilets, sinks, drains, valves and controls
- Complete work orders using company device provided
- Put up stock in inventory, as needed
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance
- Inspect units periodically to determine maintenance needs and schedule work orders for deficiencies found
- Operate central trash compactor in accordance with established procedures
- Clean common areas of building(s) and property management office in accordance with established procedures
- Periodically serve as worker on call for emergency calls
- Repair and replace windows, doors, door frames, porches, etc. as needed
- Replace HVAC filters, light bulbs, check carbon monoxide detectors and check smoke detectors
Perform general grounds keeping tasks to maintain clean, neat appearance of properties operated by the Authority
- Clean grounds of paper and debris using trash grabber, rake or other appropriate tools
- Remove graffiti as needed
- Check storm drains and clean out as needed to avoid water back-up
- Observe conditions and report any unusual conditions
- Inspect hallways and common places, eliminate obstacles to free passage and assure that there is adequate lighting
Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Housing Operations
Education and Experience
We seek detail-oriented, independent self-starters who demonstrate an unwavering commitment for decent, safe, and sanitized housing for residents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in multiple settings
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations
- Proven track record of working with diverse individuals at all levels to drive decision-making and results
- Experience in general maintenance
- High School Diploma
The Property Manager shall work under the direct supervision of the Director of Housing Operations.
The Property Manager is responsible for the management, maintenance, security, resident services and occupancy of housing units within the assigned, owned and/or managed properties; budgetary responsibilities; supervision of assigned staff; and compliance with all related HUD and Housing Authority directives, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure compliance with all regulations for funding sources (e.g., LIHTC, Project Based Section 8, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Housing Program Regulations and Compliance including experience with the following programs: Tax Credits, Project-based Section 8.
- Remain abreast of federal and state legal developments as they pertain to our business, including Fair Housing and ADA, and assist in assuring compliance.
- Enforce and follow all Fair Housing rules and regulations
- Monitor advertising to assure full occupancy. Keep waiting list(s) current.
- Ability to give direction and appropriately delegate responsibility to staff and to promote the willingness of a response.
- Ability to troubleshoot, recognize potential problems, and offer alternatives.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of local market and competition, and develop tailored marketing plans and strategies.
- Lead the on-site team in tenant satisfaction matters.
- Lead on-site staff in evictions and other routine legal matters.
- Assist in ongoing process improvement, including revisions of policies and procedures.
- Inspect the property on a regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
- Perform leasing duties to market the property and fill vacancies in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong personal computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- General knowledge of sound business practices.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills; must be detailed oriented.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability and skill to deal in an effective manner with residents.
- Knowledge of the purposes, policies, and regulations of the Housing Authority as established by the Board of Commissioners or as set forth by HUD regulations.
- Ability to perform duties of the position with minimal direction through their own initiative and work in a time-sensitive environment.
- At least 2 years prior experience in on-site multifamily property management, and at least one of which must have been as Property Manager / Community Manager of a project-based HUD community
- Prior experience with affordable housing programs (income and rent restrictions and/or HUD compliance, etc.)
- Education should be that of a college graduate, A.A. or B.A. degree in Business or Public Administration. May be waived if experience and other requirements are deemed to have been satisfactorily met.
- Experience on personal computer with Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- This position is a safety sensitive position and as such requires pre-employment drug screening and police background check.