Applications Accepted By:
We are only accepting applications by email.
Assistant Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager shall work under the direct supervision of the Property Manager.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the management, maintenance, security, resident services and occupancy of housing units within the assigned, owned and/or managed properties; budgetary responsibilities; supervision of assigned staff; and compliance with all related HUD and Housing Authority directives, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assure compliance with all regulations for funding sources (e.g., LIHTC, Project Based Section 8, etc.).
Strong knowledge of Housing Program Regulations and Compliance including experience with the following programs: Tax Credits, Project-based Section 8.
- Remain abreast of federal and state legal developments as they pertain to our business, including Fair Housing and ADA, and assist in assuring compliance.
- Enforce and follow all Fair Housing rules and regulations
- Monitor advertising to ensure full occupancy. Keep waiting list(s) current.
- Ability to give direction and appropriately delegate responsibility to staff and to promote the willingness of a response.
- Ability to troubleshoot, recognize potential problems, and offer alternatives.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of local market and competition and develop tailored marketing plans and strategies.
- Lead the on-site team in tenant satisfaction matters.
- Lead on-site staff in evictions and other routine legal matters.
- Assist in ongoing process improvement, including revisions of policies and procedures.
- Inspect the property on a regular basis (both scheduled and unscheduled visits), assuring the marketability of the community, both interior and exterior.
- Perform leasing duties to market the property and fill vacancies in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong personal computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- General knowledge of sound business practices.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills; must be detailed oriented.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability and skill to deal in an effective manner with residents.
- Knowledge of the purposes, policies, and regulations of the Housing Authority as established by the Board of Commissioners or as set forth by HUD regulations.
- Ability to perform duties of the position with minimal direction through their own initiative and work in a time-sensitive environment.
- Prior experience with affordable housing programs (income and rent restrictions and/or HUD compliance, etc.) is a plus.
- Education should be that of a college graduate, A.A. or B.A. degree in Business or Public Administration. May be waived if experience and other requirements are deemed to have been satisfactorily met.
- Experience on personal computer with Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- This position is a safety sensitive position and as such requires pre-employment drug screening and police background check.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- ETHICS – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- PROBLEM SOLVING – Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS – Focuses on solving conflict, not blame; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- ORAL COMMUNICATION – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- TEAMWORK – Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- JUDGEMENT – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- ADAPTABILITY – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- ATTENDANCE/PUNCTUALITY – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- DEPENDABILITY – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- INITIATIVE – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
This position in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Entry Level: $18.33 per hourView the Full Job Description